Monday, September 14, 2009

Hero's of Art

"Grand Prix at Monaco", George Ham 1933
#5. George Ham:

During the mid 20th century, auto racing was in full swing, Monaco, Grand Prix, Le Mans, and Indianapolis. George Hams advertising work truly reflected on the times and how the racing scene was captivating the world. I own a couple of his prints and their just fantastic.

"The Foosestang", 2007 by Chip Foose

#4. Chip Foose

One of the greatest automotive designers of my generation, Chip Foose's career is culmination of sensational designs and damn cool cars. I love his process of design (a process that i have done and getting pretty good at), it's all free hand with pens, design markers, air brushes and sheer imagination. Every one of them is truly fantastic.



"The Man", Harley Earl 1959
#3. Harley Earl

Considered the "Leonardo Da Vinci" of automobiles (in my opinion), Harley Earl has made a name for himself as one of the best automotive designer's in history. During the early 1950's, automotive designers were still cranking out cars that were designed before WWII. At General Motors design department, Harley Earl was designing cars that would define American cars through out the 50's and 60's. His designs included the bubble windows, sexy lines, hot colors and chrome and the iconic air plane wings of the cars. He is also the father of the first and true American sports car, "THE CHEVROLET CORVETTE"; first unveiled at the new york auto show in 1952.


Amazing Fantasy Comics #15 (August 1962), Stan Lee

#2. Stan Lee

Now why would an artist want a comic book creator as a art hero, well there's a lot. Stan Lee's comics from the 60's, 70's and 80's were truly inspiring, when I read these comics as a kid I would go gaga over his creativity for his characters. The designs, the sequences, the colors, and the story all inspired me to make my own comics based off his work, and I couldn't have pulled that off with out the help of my number 1 hero.




#1 Linda Stogsdill (a.k.a My Mom) (Sorry no photo!)

My mother is the reason I'm an artist, and pursuing a career in the field of art. Ever I was a kid she would buy me coloring books, paper, pencils, and box's, and box's, and box's of crayons. Normally when kids are that young they ask their parents to read them a book, not for me, when I was young I would ask my mother draw and color pictures for me and then I would go and do it my self over and over till I got the hang of it. She has always been there for me when I needed help she was always there, when people gave me hell for my work , she was there to help get out of the slump and make it better, she gave me encouragement when no one else would, and that's why my mother is my number one art hero. "I love you Mom!!"






No comments:

Post a Comment