Thursday, September 17, 2009

Photo#4 If I only had a Brain

Rule of Thirds

Exposure Mode: Portrait

Shutter Speed: 1/280

Aperture 6.0

Description: This the famous Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz, on display at Storybook Land. About a 1/4 of my shoot was taken in the Land of Oz, simply because it's my family's favorite movie, and I have a lot respect for it too, it's held up very good over the years. The Scarecrow was my favorite character in the movie, so my plan for this photo was to have his corn field to take up the majority of the photo and have him in the corner of it, taking up a 1/3 of the photo.

3 comments:

  1. Main element I would agree is rule of thirds.
    With the trees in the background there is a sense of a depth of field.
    The scarecrow creates a great balance to the corn.
    I like the emphasis you brought to him as well by colorizing him.
    The only suggestion I have for improving this photo would be to not cut off the scarecrows are in the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good compostion. I like the saturation change of the corn to the scarecrow. Would have liked to see maybe a little more of the scarecrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the selective color on the Scarecrow. That also shows great emphasis. I would disagree with Bobbi that there is Depth of Field; the gray tends to blend in together with the top of the corn and the trees.

    ReplyDelete